Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The meme game

The Meme Game


I finally got around to trying out this game and would like to write 3 things about myself:

1) I'm a passionate English teacher and tutor for adults and teenagers. My little One-Woman English school here in the little village of Nesslau in eastern Switzerland seems to be quite well known as I don't have anything to do to have new students. I have met so many wonderful and fascinating people. In my courses I have people of lots of different fields of work, from the farmer to the physicist. It's really amazing.

2) My other passion is singing. I sing in our local church choir and in the gospel choir Rhythm and Glory. If you go on the choir website under "Repertoir, Perfect Praise", you can hear a short extract of a solo I did 2 years ago. We are now preparing for our next concerts at the end of November to which I'm looking forward very much.

3) I'm a "Cheer Mom"! Yes, you heard right. Switzerland has cheerleaders. And today I'm a very proud Cheer Mom because my daughters team got the title of "Vize-Schweizer-Meister" in the category "Dance" and "Senior all Girl Cheer" at yesterdays Swiss Championship of Cheerleading in St. Gallen. She mixed the music for these performances and coached and choreographed the dance and she is one of the flyers (the ones who do saltos and all kinds of dangerous things in the air. Not always easy to watch for a mother!). It was spectacular. By the way, she is only 19! Have a look at her team's homepage Winterthur Warrior Cheerleaders

That's it from me. It was great to be a (not so active :(  ) particiapant of this group.

Marianne, Danielle, Illya

2 comments:

Illya Arnet said...

Congratulations on your daughter's achievement! I'm sure a lot rubbed off from you!

Margrit Tyrrell said...

Thanks for the nice compliment ;)